1.Both the pink and blue dresses are pretty but I like the _____better.
A.earlier B.beginner C.former D.first
2. He made a_____to let all children learn English, but he soon found it impossible without an online course.
A.confinement B.commitment C.conception D.commission
3. The people living in these apartments have free____to that swimming pool.
A.access B.excess C.excursion D.recreation
4. He_____the old man with 10 pounds for bringing back the lost dog.
A.rewarded B.prized C.gave D.paid
5. He said he would never be intimidated_____what he didn’t like by big names.
A.do B.to do C.did D.into doing
6. I’m sorry to have____you with so many questions on such an occasion.
A.interfered B.offended C.impressed D.disturbed
7. I only work____ weekdays, not ____weekends.
A.on…on B.at…at C.on…at D.at…on
8. She grabbed the soap and washed____.
A.thoroughly B.thorough C.although D.though
9. Piano is a popular____.
A.machine B.instrument C.equipment D.tool
10. We are all____at the way her husband treated her.
A.disgusting B.disgusted C.disgustful D.disgust
11.There are many proverbs in Chinese. _____, there are also many proverbs in English.
A.Meanwhile B.Similarly C.Usually D.Typically
12.Many youngsters_____pop songs to old songs. They think pop singers are very cool.
A.suppose B.prefer C.suggest D.expect
13.The engineer tried to____the problem with several drawings.
A.recognize B.impress C.illustrate D.identify
14.She_____to book a seat on the next flight.
A.pushed B.drew C.rushed D.stroke
15.His favorite_____is playing drums.
A.pastime B.action C.habit D.moment
16._____weather may be too hot to the tourists.
A.So B.Such C.What D.Which
17.He_____yesterday morning, and would stay for three days.
A.checked up B.checked on C. checked out D.checked in
18.There is absolutely no need to_____. We will return to the airport very soon.
A.panic B.terror C.fright D.rage
19.I’d like to_____my parents’ greetings to you and your family.
A.confront B.display C.consult D.convey
20.The new look of the city has_____a deep impression on those foreign visitors.
A.left B.kept C.marked D.remained