1. -----Nancy is not coming tonight.
----- But she _____!
A. promises B. promised C. will promise D. had promised
2. We've made some achievements, but there is still a long way _____.
A. going B. to go C. gone D. to be gone
3. Dr. Bethune began to work the _____ he arrived at the front.
A. moment B. place C. way D. reason
4. ----- This pen isn't yours, is it?
A. Yes, it's not mine B. No, yours is bigger
C. No, it's my friend's D. Yes, mine's a red one
5. ----- Thanks for the_____ you did me to move away the stone.
----- That's all right.
A. favour B. good C. trouble D. kindness
6. She won't be afraid as _____ as you are here.
A. long B. well C. soon D. far
7. It isn't quite _____whether she will take the advice.
A. sure B. right C. certain D. exact
8. Shirley _____a book about China last year but I don't know whether she has finished it.
A. has written B. wrote C. had written D. was writing