10. _____the children to bed, she began to correct the students' exercises.
A. Sending B. Being sent C. sent D. Having sent
11. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to _____.
A. be put up B. give in C. be turned on D. go out
12. Why do you want a new job_____ you've got such a good one already?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
13. He insisted that his brother ____ the window. It was clear that someone else broke the window.
A. should not break B. should not have broken
C. hadn't broken D. would not break
14. ----- Can you come on Monday or Tuesday?
----- I'm afraid _____day is possible.
A. either B. neither C. some D. any
15. ----- Don't forget to come to my birthday party, Mr. Wang. ----- _____.
A. No, I don't B. Yes, I can't C. No, I won't D. Yes, I'm sure
16. Tom's father, as well as his mother, _____in New York for a few more days.
A. suggest him to stay B. suggested him that he should stay
C. suggest him staying D. suggests he stay