1. A new English -Chinese dictionary will soon ________ out .
A. work B. come C. give D. hand
2. As time went on, the theory she had stuck ________ correct .
A. proved B. to proving C. to proved D. to prove
3. The huge fire is reported to have _______ more than 300 people dead.
A. remained B. kept C. left D. had
4. ----- The art exhibition ______ by me _______ a great success .
----- __________ !
A. run, promises, Congratulations B. made, whishes, Congratulations
C. run, expects , Congratulation D. made , seems , Congratulation
5. ----- What's wrong with the book?
----- One page is ________ .
A. disappeared B. losing C. missing D. disappearing
6. Before she went abroad she spent as much time as she could _____ English .
A. practise to speak B. practising speaking
C. practise speaking D. to practise speaking
7. ----- Did you say you like the film TINATIC?
----- _______. I said it's not bad .
A. Not exactly B. I don't know why C. You're great D. That's all right
8. I don't think he could have done such a stupid thing last night, _______ ?
A. do I B. could he C. has he D. did he