9. It was until last year hat he ________.
A.left his home town for a new start
B. came to realize the importance of learning English
C. worked as an English teacher at a middle school
D. set out to build a new house of his own
10. A telephone call ______ him hurrying to his home town .
A. made B. force C. sent D. let
11. ----- Did you have ______ difficulty talking to the foreigner ?
----- No. I only could not follow him when he spoke too fast .
A. any B. a C. some D. much
12. The old lady has never ________ the house since she moved in.
A. been away B. left C. lived D. stayed at
13. ----- We're sure of winning the match.
----- _______. We'll meet our match.
A. Don't be so sure B. So are we C. It's out of question D. I think so
14. I have no one ______ me , for I can deal with it all by myself .
A. help B. to help C. helped D. to have helped
15. I'd ________ them to stay at home the whole day.
A. rather B. better C. prefer D. agree