1. The officials soon realized that, __________, things would get worse.
A. unless dealt with it properly B. if not properly dealing with it
C. unless properly dealt with D. if dealt not properly with
2. what if we meet with a situation ___________ none of us are able to deal with?
A. where B. in which C. what D. that
3. The process of curing a disease is like a war _________ different soldiers fight against an enemy.
A. where B. when C. as D. while
4. I hold the view ___________ she stated was true.
A. that B. what C. that what D. which
5. -Where have you been all day?
--We _________ some lovely children and we couldn't get away from them until it was dark.
A. met B. meet C. have met D. have been meeting
6. ___________ what to do, I decided to ask the teacher for advice.
A. knowing not B. Having not known
C. Not knowing D. Not having known
7. You can hardly imagine the great trouble I took ____________ your house.
A. to find B. finding C. found D. having found
8. Now I'll present the facts __________.
A. on which to be based my opinion B. which to base my opinion on
C. upon which to base my opinion D. which to base my opinion upon
9. -It cost me 30 yuan to get here.
--Well, it was crazy of you to take a taxi __________you would come by bus as well.
A. unless B. if C. when D. because
10. ___________ is no wonder that he passed the maths exam.
A. It B. There C. As D. Which