Part I Vocabulary and structure (1×40)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentences, and then write the choice on the Answer Sheet.
1. I______half of the English novel, and I’ll try to finish it at the weekend.
A.read B.have read C.am reading D.will read
2. The students have been working hard on their lessons and their efforts______ success in the end.A. rewarded B. were rewarded C. will reward D. will be rewarded
3. Newly-built wooden cottages line the street, _______ the old town into a dreamland.
A. turn B. turning C. to turn D. turned
4. The cooling wind swept through out bedroom windows, ____ air conditioning unnecessary.
A. making B. to make C. made D. being made
5. It is often the case ____ anything is possible for those who hang on to hope.
A. why B. what C. as D. that
6. Your support is important to our work. ____you do will help.
A.However B.Whoever C.Whatever D.Wherever
7._______online shopping has changed our life, not all of its effects have been positive.
A. Since B. After C. While D. Unless
8. More efforts, as is reported, ______in the past few years by the government to accelerate the reform.
A. are made B. will be made C. are being made D. have been made
9. Not until last year_____ the development of tourism in the rural area.
A. they had encouraged B. had they encouraged
C. did they encourage D. they encouraged
10. If it ______for his invitation the other day, I should not be here now .
A. had not been B. should not be C. were not to be D. should not have been
11. You are waiting at a wrong place. It is at the hotel _________ the guide picks up tourists.
A. who B. which C. where D. that
12. Dashan, who______the Chinese tradition for decades, has achieved a lot of success.
A. will be learning B. is learning C. had been learning D. has been learning
13. I was wearing a seatbelt. If I hadn't been wearing one, I _______.
A. were injured B. would be injured
C. had been injured D. would have been injured
14. John ______ by his sister on his way to surfing online.
A.had been happened to meet B.happened to meet
C.happened to be met D.was happened to be met
15. A big fire may______if you smoke in the forest.
A. break down B. break out C. break in D. break into
16. The teacher told them ____ make so much noise.
A .don't B. not C.will not D.not to
17. _____ the letter, he went out to post it.
A .Writing B. Being writing C. Having written D. Written
18. _______ I look at the picture, _________ I like it.
A. The best; the more B. The more; the less
C. The more; less D. More; the more
19. The news_______they had won the game soon spread over the whole school.
A.that B./ C.how D.what
20. I am not interested in all the books_______here.
A.that you bought it B.which you bought it
C.that you bought D.which you bought
21. That young man is honest, cooperative, always there when you need his help._____, he's
A. Or else B. In short C. By the way D. For one thing
22. When the time came to make the final decision for a course, I decided to apply for the one
that ______my interest.
A. limited B. reserved C. reflected D. spoiled
23. In this article, you need to back up general statements with ________ examples.
A. specific B. permanent C. abstract D. universal
24.She refused to _____the door key to the landlady until she got back her deposit.
A.hand in B.hand out C.hand down D.hand over
25. ---Miss Wendy is good at a lot of things ______ you can't say she is perfect.
---I agree with you. _____ no one is.
A. or; Simply B. and; Only C. but; Actually D. so; Otherwise
26. While our manager is away on business, our company will be _____________ Mr. Zhang.
A. in the charge of B. in charge of C. in charge D. in the charge
27.The coal industry in the north of China is now barely half its size.
A. formal B.former C.latter D.later
28. In doing the work, we can’t _______ the waste of a single minute.
A. afford B. affect C. manage D. take
29. The student is _____ 18 years old, but what he said is ______ nothing worth listening to.
A. nearly; almost B. nearly; nearly C. between; among D. among; between
30. We all know that _______ speak louder than words.
A. movements B. performances C. affection D. actions
31. I can _________ be a doctor. I'm not a very patient person.
A. seldom B. ever C. never D. always
32. The old lady felt ________ when she stayed in the big house ________ after her husband died.
A. alone; lonely B. alone; alone C. lonely; alone D. lonely; lonely
33. I love this song by Lady Gaga.Would you ______ the TV a bit,please? I can't hear it clearly.
A.turn on B.turn off C.turn up D.turn down
34. Jim is not good at math and he always feels _____before taking a math exam.
A.nervous B.patient C.popular D.pleased
35. The hall is______ to seat 2000 students.
A. enough big B. big enough C. big too D. big very
36. Prices of the cellphones____from 100 dollars to 1000 dollars.
A vary B.change C.seem D.turn
37.The man tricked the little boy ________ him his address.
A.tell B.telling C. into telling D. to telling
38. Nowadays, more and more college students like to be absent _________class.
A. from B. at C. in D. on
39. I appreciate to your wedding.
A. to be invited B. to have invited C. invited D. being invited
40. ________nothing to talk about, he said good-bye and went out of the room.
A. There was B. There being C. There is D. There has been
1——10 BDBADCCDCA 11——20DDDCBDCBAC